5 Tips for Clear Writing and Talking (Desiring God)
ESV study bible! Can’t wait til October 2008, here is what they list as primary features:
- 25,000-plus notes—focusing especially on understanding the Bible text and providing answers to frequently raised issues.
- Over 50 articles—including articles on the Bible’s authority, reliability, and interpretation; on biblical archaeology, theology, worship, prayer, and personal application.
- Over 200 full-color maps—created with the latest digital technology, satellite images, and archaeological research; printed in full color, throughout the Bible.
- 200-plus charts—offering key insights and in-depth analysis in clear, concise outline form; located throughout the Bible.
- 80,000 cross-references—to encourage easy location of important words, passages, and biblical themes.
- More than 40 new full-color illustrations—including historically accurate reconstructions of the Tabernacle, the Ark of the Covenant, Solomon’s temple, Herod’s temple, the city of Jerusalem in Jesus’ time and throughout the history of Israel, and many more.
Together for the Gospel Roundup (Challies) what better place to look for the T4G audio and posts on the conference
Other Sheep That Are Not of This Fold (Desiring God) A message on missions delivered recently to students of Cal Poly
Michael Buble – You and I
T4G – Panel Discussion (Excerpt): more excerpts here
1 Timothy 4:11-16
Command and teach these things. Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching. Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders laid their hands on you. Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress. Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.
Let No One Despise You for Your Youth (Desiring God)
Be careful young people that you don’t postpone the burden and the blessing of fruitfulness in your life because you use the excuse, “I am only a youth.” God said to Jeremiah, “Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go.” There are some younger than you that you can lead, and there are some older than you that you can serve. But do not say, “I am only a youth,” as though the only thing you are good for is watching videos and playing games, as though there is no ministry for you to do.